More on Australia's Nov. 4.

The victory for racism that took place in the USA on 4th. is sure to be very destructive so I much prefer the events in Australia on that date: The Melbourne Cup. There is still information emerging about events of the day and I am quite pleased to hear a little more about the winner of the "Fashions in the Field" contest. Fashions are completely opaque to me. They seem like unmitigated nonsense. So I originally clicked on some fashion links for a laugh at the hats. The hats are meant in good fun and they amuse me too.

As I noted on 5th., however, I was struck by what a pleasant-looking lady was Kirsty MacGillvray, winner of the "Fashions in the Field" contest. There was at the time, however, just the one picture of her and no information. So I reproduce below some of the information about her which has just been published, plus a couple more photos.
A 20-year-old retail assistant who has not yet got her driver's licence yesterday won the richest fashion prize in Australia, including a $66,500 Saab convertible. Kirsty Macgillvray, from Brighton in Melbourne, walked away with $100,000 of booty that also included Paspaley jewellery worth $10,000, a $5000 Myer shopping voucher and a $4000 Longines watch after winning the national Fashions on the Field competition on Oaks Day at Flemington. Ms Macgillvray captivated the judges in Melbourne's favourite colour, wearing a black Alex Perry jacket, a black Kirrily Johnston dress and a black and white hat by Ward and Wylie. "I'm a bit speechless," Ms Macgillvray said yesterday. "I don't even have my (driver's) licence yet."





Posted by John Ray. For a daily critique of Leftist activities, see DISSECTING LEFTISM. For a daily survey of Australian politics, see AUSTRALIAN POLITICS Also, don't forget your roundup of Obama news and commentary at OBAMA WATCH (2). Email me (John Ray) here

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments containing Chinese characters will not be published as I do not understand them