Aggressive Muslim youths caught

Not that you would know that they were Lebanese Muslims from the report below:

A Sudanese refugee allegedly bashed to death in Sydney's southwest had thrown a soft drink can at a carload of youths after they hurled eggs at passers-by, a court has been told. Two 17-year-old males, from Auburn and North Parramatta, were remanded in custody today over the bashing murder of 28-year-old Ruol Agang at Auburn a week ago. Police Prosecutor Sergeant Graeme Wedge told the court the youths and another boy, who has not been charged, were driving along Harrow Road throwing eggs at passers-by. He said Mr Agang, a father of four from Granville, threw a soft drink can at the car after an egg was thrown at him, but missed.

The driver, the North Parramatta youth, turned the car around and all three boys allegedly confronted Mr Agang, the court was told. The Auburn boy is accused of hitting Mr Agang once before the group fled. Police allege the youth said to Mr Agang: "You want more, I'll be back", before fleeing the scene. "The blow was of such significance that he was lifted off the ground," Sgt Wedge told the court. Mr Agang "sustained a 10cm crack to his skull" and died four days later in hospital, he said.

Defence barrister Michael Coroneos, representing the North Parramatta youth, said Mr Agang had behaved aggressively towards the group by throwing the can and confronting the boys. At one point he had to be restrained by an onlooker, he said. "Three specific aggressive acts by a 28-year-old person, 200cm in height approaching a motor vehicle with three young persons in it, this is the setting of this case," Mr Coroneos told the court. "Alarm bells are ringing already for a self-defence case for this person (the North Parramatta youth)." He said it was unlikely his client would be convicted of murder.

Magistrate Daniel Reiss granted the North Parramatta youth bail, but the prosecution appealed against the decision. The youth will remain in custody until the bail application is heard in the NSW Supreme Court on Friday. His co-accused was refused bail and will reappear in the same court on March 15.


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments containing Chinese characters will not be published as I do not understand them