Australian city orders 'offensive' Australian flag down



We read:
"A Brisbane council has ordered an ex-soldier to take down the Australian flag which flies outside his house because it has been deemed "offensive" by a neighbour. Aaron Wilson erected the 5m high flagpole eight weeks ago, in honour of his friends who served in Iraq, The Courier-Mail reports. But on Tuesday, Logan City Council called to tell him a neighbour had made a complaint, labelling it "offensive". He was told to remove the pole or risk legal action....

Logan City mayor Pam Parker said she backed Mr Wilson. "I am offended that somebody should complain to the council about the Australian flag, and whoever they are should hang their head in shame," she said on ABC radio. But she could not rule out his having to move the flagpole. A council spokeswoman said there was a concern the flagpole could fall down in high winds. She said Mr Wilson, who is a salesman, needed a building permit, because the pole was only 4.5m from the kerb and, under the Queensland Development Code, it should be at least 6m from the front.

But Mr Wilson, 30, said other residents in the area had similar flagpoles that were closer to the boundary than his. He said he would not be moving the flag. "You can't have rules for some people and not for others," he said. "I can't see how moving the flag back a bit is going to stop it being offensive."

Source

As soon as I heard of this nonsense I promptly flew an Australian flag from the flagpole out front of my house. I fly different flags for different occasions but there was no doubt what this was an occasion for.

Update

I am pleased to report that there has been huge public support for the patriotic Australian -- and he is NOT going to move his flag

Posted by John Ray. For a daily critique of Leftist activities, see DISSECTING LEFTISM. For a daily survey of Australian politics, see AUSTRALIAN POLITICS Also, don't forget your roundup of Obama news and commentary at OBAMA WATCH (2). Email me (John Ray) here

2 comments:

  1. thats fucking bullshit. im sick of political correctness. its not racism to love the country. in my opinion if you dont love australia you are the racist one

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came to australia in 1989 from new zealand and remember like it was yesterday saying to myself on the plane this is a new country I HAVE TO MAKE THE CHANGE HERE!!!If i didnt not like it then I WOULD GO BACK TO WHERE I CAME FROM.Anyone who finds the Australian flag offensive please leave some way of contact because i am sure there are a lot of tax payers only to happy to shout a one way ticket out of here.Christ i will even hold a fund raiser.
    regards to all mredd2nd

    ReplyDelete

All comments containing Chinese characters will not be published as I do not understand them