The BBC Homophobic?

I would have thought that the BBC was about the world's most politically correct organization (outside Canada that is) but the British homosexual organizaion "Stonewall" has a different view. They studied 8 weeks of programming on two BBC TV Channels and concluded:

"there was 32 minutes of derogatory or offensive references to gays and lesbians on the two networks between 7pm and 10pm."

If you believe that of the BBC you would believe anything. And they were indeed stretching to find something offensive. One BBC presenter was criticized "for describing a car he liked: "Now this, for me, when I was little, was like, kind of, Jordan and Cameron Diaz in a bath together.".

Jordan and Cameron Diaz are two sexy-looking women whom the presenter was obviously complimenting highly for their looks but Stonewall thought the comment was offensive to lesbians!! All I can make of it is that sexy women must be pretty incorrect to homosexuals. But surely criticizing mainstream men who think such women attractive is itself intolerant and endeavouring to enforce a minority viewpoint on the majority. A lot like the Muslim cartoon protesters.

(For more postings from me, see EDUCATION WATCH, GREENIE WATCH, POLITICAL CORRECTNESS WATCH, GUN WATCH, SOCIALIZED MEDICINE, AUSTRALIAN POLITICS and DISSECTING LEFTISM. My Home Page. Email me (John Ray) here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments containing Chinese characters will not be published as I do not understand them