Old Habits Hard to Break?

I was reading through Power Line, and I noticed something peculiar about the picture of Iraqi demonstrators about to burn the Jordanian flag. I'd seen the picture before, and it'd never occurred to me before, but the juxtaposition of the picture with Hindrocket's title for the piece "What They Had in Mind led my suspicions to jump up.

Here's the picture that Hindrocket used:



Here's the actual design of the Jordanian flag:



And here's the design of the Israeli flag:



I searched around for other pictures from that rally where Iraqis protested against Jordanian involvement, and could find no other picture in which a Star of David was used in place of the Jordanian 7-pointed star. Maybe some habits are just hard to break ...

[Cross-posted at Between Worlds]

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments containing Chinese characters will not be published as I do not understand them