Afghan Warrior

Apparently, Afghan reconstruction has proceeded to a point where it is now possible for Waheed, a 20-year-old translator for the Afghan National Army, to post Afghanistan's first blog:
I would like to say hello to all bloggers. My name is Waheed. I am a 20 year old male from Afghanistan and I have been working with the US Army in Kabul, Afghanistan as an interpreter for the last 2 years. Our base is located inside the ANA (Afghan National Army) Central Corps and the US officers train the ANA. I would like to thank my friend Paul Edwards who persuaded me to start my blog and send the real news from Afghanistan. ...

...

... During the Taliban we didn’t have internet system in Afghanistan but now there are about 25 net cafes in Kabul, and also some in Herat, Kandahar and Balkh provinces. People are really interested to use the internet but its too expensive for people to use it - only rich people can afford it. Durng the Taliban Government we didn’t have any TV channels but now we have 4 TV channels in Kabul and for the first time in Ghazni, Balkh, Herat and Kandahar provinces.
Welcome to the blogosphere, Waheed! Best wishes on the building of a prosperous, confident Afghanistan!

(Hat-tip: Chrenkoff)

[Cross-posted at Between Worlds]

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments containing Chinese characters will not be published as I do not understand them