'Trad wife' who quit her optician career to be a stay-at-home wife and 'serve' her husband insists it is her 'DUTY' as a woman to do ALL of the cooking and cleaning - as she slams critics who say she is 'oppressed' and 'lazy'


Feminists LOATHE all talk of biology but  it exists nonetheless.  And this woman has a head-start on happiness because she has chosen a role in line with her biology.  My wife Jenny was delighted to be a full-time wife and mother.  Feminism is a biological aberration


A trad wife has revealed how she quit her career as an optician to stay at home and 'serve' her husband by cooking and cleaning for him - as she shrugs off trolls' criticism that she's 'oppressed.'

Mikayla Herrmann, from Oklahoma, spends hours each day cooking, cleaning and tending the farm animals at home while husband Samuel Herrmann, 31, works as a blacksmith machinery company boss.

The 26-year-old homemaker quit her optician role in a big city to move to the countryside and became a full-time housewife after getting married five years ago.

Mikayla is the sixth generation of women in her family to stay at home.

The couple met at a church function in 2017 and 'immediately' hit it off, before getting engaged in May 2018 and marrying just three months later. 

Dedicated Mikayla admits she loves the satisfaction of serving her husband meals made from home-grown vegetables, butchered meat from their farm and bread made with flour milled at home.

But Mikayla says she often receives Instagram comments from strangers branding her as 'oppressed' and 'lazy,' but says she chose to dedicate her life to being a housewife.

'I was always looking forward to meeting my husband and becoming a housewife because that's what I've always seen women in my life do and what I've always wanted to do,' Mikayla shared.

'My mom and [my husband's] mom have done the same thing, our grandparents have done the same thing. We're probably the fifth or sixth generation of home-making wives.

'We had always known that once we got married that [my husband] was going to be the provider for me and I would be the stay-at-home wife and take care of everything around the home.'

Mikayla's 'typical day' revolves around getting up 'fairly early' and catering to the farm and their animals. 

She explained: 'In the spring and summer I have to get out there very early, take care of everything, milk our goats, hay the animals and work on the garden.

'I also try to cook everything from scratch from my home so that takes quite a while too to prepare for each meal.' 

Mikayla continued: 'My husband comes home and he has breakfast here, he has lunch here and comes home for dinner, so I've got all of these different meals that I cook from scratch.

'It usually takes an hour or more of preparation before he comes home to be ready for when he comes home for it.

'I definitely feel like it is my duty to serve my husband and for him to be the breadwinner of my house.

'But he is such a kind person that he will never be frustrated at me if I'm having a bad day and I'm not able to get food on the table whenever he walks through the door.

'I try to do as much of that as I can because I feel like it is my job as his wife to make sure that he comes home to a nice house that has been cleaned.'

The content creator documents her life as a housewife on social media where she promotes homemaking to other wives but says she often receives 'hateful' comments.

'Someone had commented on one of my videos that I was a "tradwife" and I had to Google it because I didn't know if this was a bad thing or a good thing.

'I am definitely a tradwife. Our values are very traditional and pretty much every video of tradwife things that I saw, I can relate to.

'I love it because I get to promote homemaking to other wives who maybe don't have that multiple generation family, that are also homemakers.

'They don't really have somebody that they can relate to and I like being that person for them because it's something I've always grown up knowing that I want to do. 

'I have gotten some hateful comments on my social media about being a homemaker.

'It's mostly just comments about being lazy and that I sit at home and let my husband take care of everything and I'm not doing anything that's fulfilling here.

'But this is really the most fulfilled I have ever felt because it's all I've ever wanted to do.

'People think I'm "oppressed" but I am definitely not. I chose to have this job. My husband isn't forcing me into serving him in any way.'

Mikayla and Samuel don't have children but hope to expand their family in future - and they plan to have home births and homeschool their kids.

'We do not have children yet. That's something we have been praying about for several years and we hope that God blesses us with children soon,' Mikayla shared.

'I absolutely cannot wait to become a mom. I think it will be so wonderful to instill these values in my children and help out with some of the farm things.

'We will most likely homeschool and do a lot of the traditional homemaking, homeschooling, homesteading type of things and hopefully have a home birth as well.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-12838403/Trad-wife-quit-career-stay-home-serve-husband.html

*********************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments containing Chinese characters will not be published as I do not understand them