Bill of Rights for Australia?

LiveNews - Australia could be about to create a national Bill of Rights. Attorney general Robert McLelland is expected to set up a panel which will tour the county asking for opinions on the document. But NSW Attorney General John Hatzistergos says he's not sure Australians want it. “The impetus for change is not coming from the people, it’s coming from a bunch of academics in Law schools.”

I don't know about this folks, I'm wary of anything coming from this federal government, let alone something from academics in Law Schools. I can see this turning into some sort of rights bandwagon, rights for all and sundry to be more equal, in reality. I wonder if this glorious Bill of Rights will include the right for law-abiding Australians to defend themselves with any means necessary, in their homes and as they go about their daily lives? In case those academics are confused, that includes items like handguns, knives, rifles etc, I doubt it folks, I doubt that a bunch of academics will ever think that we should live free men. What say you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments containing Chinese characters will not be published as I do not understand them