Another Babyish "Censorship" Wail from a Leftist

Leftists seem to be a very fragile bunch. It really seems to destroy Leftists if anyone challenges them. So they call any challenge to them "censorship" or an attack on their freedom of speech. I suppose that seeing they are so destroyed by criticism it does amount to censorship of a sort. It doesn't shut them up or prevent them from getting their wails into the media, though, so it is pretty strange censorship. They really should try to grow a backbone but they obviously have very little of that to start with so I guess it would be difficult for them.

The story below is about an Australian academic (John Buchanan) who did a "study" which tended to discredit the labor-laws of Australia's present conservative government. It was soon discovered, however, that he is a far-Leftist from way back (he even praises Chairman Mao) and quotations from one of his 2005 speeches were produced to show that:

"Dr Buchanan said last night his comments to the 2005 forum were made as a private citizen and his views had no impact on his research. [And pigs fly] "The views I expressed at Politics in the Pub were made as a private citizen and using this against me in my professional life is an attack on the freedom of speech," he said.

Source

I suppose that if what I believed was as contrary to reality as most Leftism is, I would need everybody to be supportive of me too.

(For more postings from me, see TONGUE-TIED, EDUCATION WATCH INTERNATIONAL, GREENIE WATCH, POLITICAL CORRECTNESS WATCH, FOOD & HEALTH SKEPTIC, GUN WATCH, SOCIALIZED MEDICINE, AUSTRALIAN POLITICS, DISSECTING LEFTISM, IMMIGRATION WATCH INTERNATIONAL and EYE ON BRITAIN. My Home Pages are here or here or here. Email me (John Ray) here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments containing Chinese characters will not be published as I do not understand them