"Poop man" Song Banned

As a libertarian, I am extremely suspicious of official attempts to ban any kind of speech but I CAN see the point of banning incitement to violence so I cannot really object to the British ban on certain anti-homosexual songs emanating from Jamaican singers -- though I do think that the torrent of pro-homosexual propaganda we get these days deserves similarly vigorous counterbalancing.

What amused me, however was the language in the songs concerned. I thought the language in this one was particularly graphic:

"Poop man fi drown an dat a yawd man philosophy" (Translation: "Homosexuals must be drowned and that's a yardie man [Jamaican] philosophy.")

Also interesting is that homsexuality-protection obviously trumps something that would normally be sacrosanct: Minority culture. If minority culture is bad in one respect, maybe it could be bad in others?

Details of the bans here or here.

(For more postings from me, see TONGUE-TIED, EDUCATION WATCH, GREENIE WATCH, POLITICAL CORRECTNESS WATCH, GUN WATCH, SOCIALIZED MEDICINE, AUSTRALIAN POLITICS and DISSECTING LEFTISM. My Home Page. Email me (John Ray) here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments containing Chinese characters will not be published as I do not understand them