I know how Melissa Caddick died

To a student of Sherlock Holmes it is elementary.  She was a smart woman so would have had a Plan B arranged for when her pyramid scheme came unstuck.

And a good plan B would have involved a secret accomplice who could hide her until the heat was off. And a substantial sum of cash would have been salted away somewhere to ease all needed transactions.

But that cash tempted the accompolice and he murdered her to get unfettered access to it.  And because the whole thing was done in secret, there is unlikely ever to be any evidence of what happened

Police divers were preparing to search for the remains of Melissa Caddick off the coast of Sydney's eastern suburbs before dangerous conditions on Wednesday afternoon postponed the operation.

Investigations returned to the area near Ms Caddick's Dover Heights home a day after NSW Police confirmed remains found at Mollymook Beach on the NSW South Coast last Friday did not belong to Ms Caddick.

Police on Wednesday advised those remains belonged to a 37-year-old man from Ingleburn who was reported missing last month. He was last seen at Kiama on February 1.

The discovery was one of five in recent weeks to be reported to police, with only the first on February 21 – an Asics running shoe with a decomposed foot inside – confirmed to be that of the 49-year-old businesswoman.

That discovery came 400km south of her Sydney home at Bournda Beach.

A search in waters off South Head in Sydney is planned to take place on Thursday if conditions ease.

Police struggling to put together Caddick's last movements
One of the top police officers involved in the case says if Ms Caddick had died in Sydney and entered the water there, it was unlikely her body had travelled that far south.

Ms Caddick vanished the day after corporate watchdog ASIC executed a search warrant at her luxury home on November 11.

If her body had travelled that far, Superintendent Joe McNulty, Commander of the NSW Marine Command, told The Daily Telegraph the condition of her foot meant it appeared the remains hadn't been in the water for three months, adding further confusion to whether she had died by suicide or foul play was involved.

Assistant Commissioner Michael Willing said it was a "distinct possibility" Ms Caddick was on the run before her death.


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments containing Chinese characters will not be published as I do not understand them