-- R.G. Menzies
LIBERTARIAN/CONSERVATIVE DIGEST AND COMMENTARY FROM AN ACADEMIC PSYCHOLOGIST in Brisbane, Australia. My academic publications are widely read
Click on the title of any post to bring up the sidebar
I recently received the following email from M. DeV. firstname.lastname@example.org. It appears to be a riposte to the way conservatives point to murderous Leftist regimes from the French revolution on. I have a little spare time so I thought I might point out some of the lacunae in it. I will add my coments at the bottom of it.
1. Those who promoted child labor were conservatives.
2. The brutal genocidal colonizers of the Americans were christian conservatives.
3. Franco was helped into power by conservatives.
4. Hitler was helped into power by conservatives such as Papen and Hindenburg.
5. World War I was started by conservatives.
6. Lenin was helped to get to Russia by German conservatives.
7. Those who opposed food safety laws were conservatives (thousands of children died in 19th century Britain because of arsenic poisoning).
8. The American Civil War was started by treasonous conservative democrats.
9. Centuries of European warfare was brought on by monarchists and conservatives.
10. Al Qaeda and the Taleban were created by the mujahedeen which was supported throughout the 1980s by American conservatives.
11. Iran Contra was treason by conservatives (Reagan should have been hanged for it).
12. Conservatism is a disease and the American GOP is a huge threat to the western world.
1. The man who did most to regulate and cut back child labor was Benjamin Disraeli, Conservative Prime Minister of Britain in the late 19th century
2. The Pilgrim fathers had friendly relations with the natives from 1620 to 1675, when they were attacked
3. Franco was suported by the Falange, a Fascist (Leftist) party
4. Hitler's rise was his own doing -- particularly by way of his remarkable oratory. But at various points both the Social Democrat Left and the Communists sided with him
5. Who started WWI is contentious but it would have remained a local affair except for the intervention of the Rusian Tsar, who was above politcs
6. At the beginning of World War I, Germany was a constitutional monarchy in which political parties were limited to the legislative arena. They could control neither the government nor the military. It was the military who sent Lenin to Russia
7. Those who opposed food safety laws were businessmen with various political loyalties. They were gradually brought to heel by governments. But again Disraeli was in the lead. In 1874 Disraeli brought in an aggressive program of social legislation, including a pure-food-and-drug act
8. The American Civil War was started by treasonous Leftist politicians. Republicans were at that time the Left of American politics. No other country in the world shed a drop of blood to free their slaves. So why did America? Because the Republicans were in the grip of Leftist self righteousness. See here
9. Centuries of European warfare were brought on by national and dynastic rivalries.
10.Al Qaeda and the Taleban were native Muslim movements that started in opposition to the Soviets. American opposition to Soviet intervention in Afghanistan started under Jimmy Carter (D)
11. Iran Contra was part of an attempt to overthrow a Communist regime
12. Leftism is a disease and the American Democrats are Fascists.
By JR on Monday, April 22, 2019
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment
All comments containing Chinese characters will not be published as I do not understand them