What I think about homosexuals

I was tempted to begin this short essay with:  "Some of my best friends are homosexuals", but I resisted the temptation.  "Some of my best friends are Jews" is of course a famously antisemitic statement, though what genuinely philosemitic people are supposed to say, I have never figured out.  Is it assumed that there are no philosemitic people?  Jews must grimly think so at times. I think I could reasonably be described as philosemitic.  I am, for instance, a passionate supporter of Israel and have been since before my teens.  If one is allowed to be a gentile Zionist, I am one.

The first thing that should be said about homosexuals is also the last one that is usually said and I will henceforth be branded a "homophobe" for saying it. A phobia is an irrational fear but I certainly do not fear homosexuals.  Those in my social circle are perfectly pleasant, in fact.  And my late sister was a homosexual, if that counts.  I also have a homosexual niece but she is very shy so I rarely see her.

So what is that evil thing that I should not say?  It is that among normal people the very ideas of homosexual contact is disgusting.  And that revulsion is why homosexuals were once heavily oppressed.  The revulsion probably stems from the liking that people have for the opposite sex.  If men and women were not heavily attracted to one-another, the human race would undoubtedly have died out long ago.

To quote a famous person with bad hair: "“I’ve gotta use some tic tacs, just in case I start kissing her,” he says.“You know I’m automatically attracted to beautiful—I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait."

So it is probably just the converse of what is seen as attractive that the opposite of that is seen as repelling.

So, the fact that there is a natural revulsion at the very thought of homosexuality helps explain why homosexuality is such a molten issue at the moment.  In their usual way, Leftists have seized on an issue that they can cudgel others with. They revel in destroying anything characteristic of the existing system.  And attacking a natural instinct is about as good as it gets for them. They can really oppress people about that.  Valorizing something that most people dislike makes them feel good.  It separates them from the common herd that they scorn.

And the fact that there is a natural revulsion against homosexuality probably explains why the Bible comes down so heavily against it. As Leviticus 20:13 says: "If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads".

That is a very clear judgment and command.  In Romans chapters 1 and 2, however, the Apostle Paul rescinded that command, saying that God alone will punish them. God alone is entitled to judge them.  It is however clear that Paul heavily disapproved of homosexuality so respect for Bible teachings would cause true Christians to think similarly.  So from a Christian point of view, any "Christian" denomination that has homosexual clergy is clearly of the Devil, not of God.

And there is a Devil.  Whether you conceive of him as a man in a red suit with horns and a tail, or as a fallen angel or the destructive side of human nature, there is clearly much evil in human life.  Freud called it "Thanatos", the death instinct.

So, to me the very idea of homosexuality is repelling but I take everyone as I find them so homosexuals who behave in socially pleasant ways will find no criticism from me.  What they do in their bedrooms is of no concern to me. I would rather not think about it in fact. And as far as I can see, most Christians behave similarly.  They accept the Apostle Paul's command not to judge individuals but cannot say or do anything that expresses approval  of homosexuality.  Only thought police could ask for more

After millions of our finest young men have died fighting the thought police of Communism and Nazism, it shows the power of the Devil that we still have thought police among us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments containing Chinese characters will not be published as I do not understand them