A CLOWN had the smile wiped off his face after a supermarket’s health and safety rules prevented him from blowing up balloons. Barney Baloney was told that a child previously had a reaction to the latex. The clown – real name Tony Turner – went on with his show yesterday at a Tesco store in Leeds but struggled to raise laughs as the balloons were 40 per cent of his act. In June, he was unable to use a bubble machine after insurance firms refused to cover him as children could slip. Tony, 47, from Sheffield, said: “At this rate I will have no act left.” A Tesco spokesman said: “We have banned balloons because latex is used in the manufacture of them and this can trigger an allergic reaction in some children. We always have the welfare of children at heart.” Source.