"Curiosity and Serenity" racist?

Among rap music stars it seems to be. There is a very expensive French champagne called Cristal that comes in a very fancy bottle. It has been very popular among rap stars such as "P. Diddy" Combs, Snoop Dogg etc.

When the maker of the champagne was asked how he felt about his product being popular in such circles, he said he viewed it with "curiosity and serenity".

BAD WORDS! I have no idea why but that remark was greeted by rap star Jay-Z as racist and cause to boycott Cristal in future. Rap stars must have very fragile egos if such innocuous words bother them so much.

My guess is that the "bling" bottle Cristal comes in will continue to prove irresistable to the rap crowd.

Plug: If they wanted value for money they would be drinking Australian champagne.

(For more postings from me, see TONGUE-TIED, EDUCATION WATCH, GREENIE WATCH, POLITICAL CORRECTNESS WATCH, GUN WATCH, SOCIALIZED MEDICINE, AUSTRALIAN POLITICS and DISSECTING LEFTISM. My Home Page. Email me (John Ray) here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments containing Chinese characters will not be published as I do not understand them