Perth's October rainfall record broken after storm moves over west coast, bringing hail



Why is this of note? Because leading Warmist Tim Flannery predicted in 2004 that Perth would cease to exist because of prolonged drought. Another Greenie false prophecy. Perth is in fact thriving


Perth has recorded its wettest October since records began, after a low-pressure system delivered heavy downpours and hail to the south-west corner of the state last night. 

According to the Bureau of Meteorology (BOM), which takes its official records from its Mt Lawley site, the previous record for the month was 96.4 millimetres, set in 1999.

The Perth site officially surpassed that figure during the night, with total rainfall for the month currently at 119 millimetres, and there is more to come.

BOM forecaster Pete Klegg said it was the wettest October in more than 50 years if taking previous measuring stations into consideration.

"It's the wettest October, if we're looking back at previous sites, since 1965," he said. "So if we're going back that far, then it's obviously quite an unusual situation to get that much rain in the month," he said.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-10-27/perth-record-rainfall-october-2021-wettest-weather/100571192

1 comment:

  1. "We need to talk to our kids about the climate crisis. But courage fails me when I look at my son."

    "Being a bearer of bad news is never easy. I’ve been writing and talking about climate change for decades now. Constant exposure hardens one to even the most horrific reality, and I’ve coped by acting like a jolly hangman – or at least not giving in publicly to the helplessness I sometimes feel as I relate the latest findings."

    "But as the news darkens, I’m having difficulty talking to young people about it. I can tell an optimistic story about developing technologies and the role they can play in helping avert the worst of the crisis. But we have now left action so late that some very severe climate impacts seem unavoidable. When I try to imagine how I, as a young person, would react to such news, I find it hard to continue my work."

    shorturl.at/dgoET

    Parents will do well to keep doom prophets away from their kids. The false prophets will "help" kids learn how to maintain emotional focus, so that they become likely to toe the lefty line. Learn how to think? That is a threat to leftism, then kids might break the lefty spells cast upon them.

    ReplyDelete

All comments containing Chinese characters will not be published as I do not understand them