Holy Mother Ganga defamed



I have to have a bit of a laugh about this. I am myself exceedingly pro-Indian. I have four of them living with me in my large house. But there is no doubt that Holy Mother Ganga (the Ganges river) is unbelievably polluted. It is a sewer and junkyard for untold millions of people. So the Australian broadcaster below was speaking the plain truth. But, as we know, the truth may "offend"
Sorry is not a word you usually associate with spicy-tongued AGT judge Kyle Sandilands.

After upsetting Magda Szubanski, Jewish people and Megan Gale, the radio shock jock was left sweating yesterday after the Hindu community took him to task for recently slamming the Ganges as "a junkyard" and India as "a s---hole", the Herald Sun reported.

President of the Universal Society of Hinduism, Rajan Zed, urged the Australian Media and Communications Authority to take "appropriate action" over the gaffe.

Steering clear of "sorry", the Hour of Power Fox FM favourite backtracked: "I'm apologising. Anyone that's Indian that listens to this show knows that I love Indians ... I don't discriminate. I love everyone.

"I just made the mistake that the river, which, to me, looks polluted, I said it was a junkyard and I did not realise that it was holy."

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments containing Chinese characters will not be published as I do not understand them