Feisty mayor of South Australian city



THE mayor of a regional city in South Australia has threatened to set the dogs on Aborigines from interstate if they try to squat in her town.

Port Augusta mayor Joy Baluch said she would bring in the dog squads to stop illegal camping in the South Australian city, The Northern Territory News reports.

Dozens of indigenous people from the Northern Territory have moved to Adelaide after fighting in the Central Australian community of Yuendemu.

"They will not camp illegally in my city," Ms Baluch said. "We have got the police, we have got a dog squad and I would arrange merry hell.

"Anybody who comes and camps illegally on the foreshore or anywhere else in Port Augusta would be moved on. I would not tolerate such stupidity.

"I would not put up with any government authority, any government agency, that allowed that to happen in my city."

SOURCE

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments containing Chinese characters will not be published as I do not understand them