One gutsy guy



The Only Muslim Zionist in Bangladesh:

"Shoaib Choudhury is not your average newspaper publisher, author, movie director, peace activist and lyricist. He’s also a Muslim Zionist who lives in Bangladesh, the world’s third largest Muslim nation.

Last week Choudhury, the editor of the Bangladeshi weekly tabloid Weekly Blitz which he describes as the “only anti-jihadist newspaper in the Muslim world,” spoke to Yishai Fleisher of Israel National Radio.

He told Fleisher about his view that “political Islam and hate speech are our biggest enemies.”

He recounted the ordeal he lived through in 2003 when he started the newspaper and was later subjected to solitary confinement for 17 months when he tried to visit Israel.

“At the time, the Hebrew Writers Association in Tel Aviv invited me to take part in a symposium,” he said. “On my way to Israel, I was stopped and arrested at the international airport in Dhaka. They labeled me a Zionist and an Israeli spy, interrogated me and tortured me for 10 days, and then imprisoned me for 17 months in solitary confinement, until 2005.”

Source


Posted by John J. Ray (M.A.; Ph.D.). For a daily critique of Leftist activities, see DISSECTING LEFTISM. To keep up with attacks on free speech see TONGUE-TIED. Also, don't forget your daily roundup of pro-environment but anti-Greenie news and commentary at GREENIE WATCH . Email me here

1 comment:

  1. This guy is lucky to be alive. I wonder what happens to the people who are cought reading his newspaper?

    ReplyDelete

All comments containing Chinese characters will not be published as I do not understand them