Pea-Brain Tells Us How It Is

By AR - "OSCAR-nominated actor Casey Affleck says he was 'amazed' by the racism he saw in Australia on a visit in 1990s, and it inspired him to do something about it." "We drove from Sydney out to Alice Springs and kind of all around the outback, and I was amazed at how much it was like the old wild west in America," Mr Affleck said. "This was just in the 1990s, and there was little wooden signs nailed to the trees on the outside of town that would say 'Abo's go around' and I just couldn't believe that kind of stuff still existed."

He's not very specific about the visit, only able to narrow it down to the nearest decade, but the experience was otherwise burned deep into his consciousness. It must have brought about a sense of deja vu as it reminded him... sorry, amazed him with its similarities to the Wild West. Of course Affleck knows what the Wild West was like because he recently starred in a movie: The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford.

Affleck is appearing a series "4 Real" and cites the plight of Australian aborigines as his inspiration. Perhaps understanding newly-sorry Australians may be reeling from his charge of racism, Affleck offers a bone, "I know that (in Australia) you've got the dual names for the national parks, like Ayers Rock is called Uluru, and finally some of the Aboriginal heritage is being recognised and I think that's great," he said.

I love it when actors, better known as "the brother of..." point out to us our faults. It's like we're now able to become better persons. I await the premier of 4 Real with bated breath... unless I'm busy cutting my toenails or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments containing Chinese characters will not be published as I do not understand them