CAIR attacks Free Speech -- Again



Popular Jewish political commentator Dennis Prager has recently said that the oath of office for a U.S. Congressman should be taken in conjunction with the Bible only. A recently-elected Congressman, Keith Ellison, wants to use the Koran.

I usually agree with Prager but I don't on this one. Whatever makes your oath most sacred to you should be used, in my opinion.

The Council on American-Islamic Relations does not agree with Prager, either, but, instead of being content simply to register disagreement with Prager -- as I have just done -- they want him punished for expressing his view. They want him removed from a semi-government job that he holds. The (Jewish) Anti-Defamation League disagrees with Prager too.

Details here



(For more postings from me, see TONGUE-TIED, EDUCATION WATCH, GREENIE WATCH, POLITICAL CORRECTNESS WATCH, FOOD & HEALTH SKEPTIC, GUN WATCH, SOCIALIZED MEDICINE, AUSTRALIAN POLITICS, DISSECTING LEFTISM and EYE ON BRITAIN. My Home Page. Email me (John Ray) here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments containing Chinese characters will not be published as I do not understand them