Freedom of Choice

Over the weekend, I saw a story on the evening news about the Dixie Chicks; I have to admit, I know very little about country music, and didn’t even know about the controversy surrounding the Dixie Chicks and US President George Bush. Somehow I think he might not know much about the controversy either, what with dealing with terrorist butchers abroad and democrats and the left hell bent on surrendering America to her enemies.

From what I saw on the news, apparently one of the Dixie Chicks stated she was ashamed that Bush was from Texas, fellow Texans and country music fans didn’t agree and refused to buy their music. I then saw one of the Dixie Chicks whine about her right to free speech and blah blah..

And now there is a movie about their life, I wonder if they will insist they are being oppressed and stifled if the movie fares no better than their music. Incidentally, there are two movie posters, one for Canada and one for the US. I don’t understand why, but in the Canada one they appear to be ‘less’ scantily clad, are they implying they are forced to cover up by the neo-con cabal. I thought it was because of differing opening dates, perhaps I’m drawing too long a bow here.

Well, from what little I know about them and what I saw in the News, no one is inhibiting your right to say what you want to Dixie. However they are exercising their right to free choice by not supporting you. And if these ex-Dixie fans were looking for a patriot to support, click here, here or here.

It’s a bit like a decision I made on Friday afternoon, I was driving along and I spotted a poster stuck to a light pole. A “Stop Global Warming”, gathering in Martin Place, Sydney this past Saturday [I could be wrong on the date, it was a bit far away to see clearly], with such enlightened speakers as Greens Leader Bob Brown.

I chose not to attend, that might seem like I was muzzling Brown’s right to free speech to a Dixie type leftist, but no I just exercised my right, not to listen to his nonsense. By the way, this Saturday, the ever warming weather had us reaching for the jumpers and beanies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments containing Chinese characters will not be published as I do not understand them