What Fun!

The vast majority of the many emails I receive are supportive but there is always the exception. I received the following email from a Mariposa Rinald, evidently a Leftist lady.

"I don't understand why you are so interested in the goings on here in America if you are from Australia. What does it matter to you what we do in OUR country if you do not live HERE? You have SO much to say, but do not have any stake in our society. Please, don't pipe in on our battles if you don't have to reap the consequences of your verbiage.


I will be kind to her. I have corrected a spelling mistake and I will not mention her email address.

I replied to her reproaching her for her xenophobia and suggesting she should learn tolerance. I imagine that she would not have enjoyed having that element of her email pointed out. She has not replied.

Her concerns may perhaps be judged from a letter she wrote to the Highlands Today newspaper of Florida and published on April 27th. Excerpt: Both of my children's fathers are Mexicans, one of whom legally immigrated to the U.S. after we were married and is now a citizen living in Massachusetts

So, yes, I think my reply would have touched a nerve. The poor old Leftists -- consistency and principles are just not their scene. And I do wonder what she thought she would achieve by her email.

(For more postings from me, see TONGUE-TIED, EDUCATION WATCH, GREENIE WATCH, POLITICAL CORRECTNESS WATCH, GUN WATCH, SOCIALIZED MEDICINE, AUSTRALIAN POLITICS and DISSECTING LEFTISM. My Home Page. Email me (John Ray) here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments containing Chinese characters will not be published as I do not understand them