S*x Doll Update



A couple of months ago I noted the case of a "male" s*x doll available in England that went by the name of "Mustafa Shag". "Mustafa" was meant only as a contraction of "must have a" but some British Muslims were predictably "offended" by an Islamic name being used in that context. I said at the time: "No doubt the firm will bow down before Islamic correctness". Well, they have:

"A Manchester Mosque has persuaded the UK's leading sex shop chain to abandon a product they claimed was an insult to the Prophet Mohammed.... Ann Summers chief executive, Jacqueline Gold said: "Considering the current climate we have decided to change the name. The new name will be revealed at the end of April.... "When there was some publicity about the doll in London we were inundated by e-mails and calls from women wanting to buy it."

Source


I am rather pleased that the firm got good business out of Muslim hypersensitivity anyway.

By the way, my writing s*x above rather than the real spelling is a confession of defeat by censorship. This site could well get blocked or rejected by search engines and by "p*rnography" filters if I did otherwise. Even the word "shag" was modified on the British site I took the quote above from but I think that "shag" as a euphemism for intercourse is purely British and Australian slang so I am taking a risk on it.

(For more postings from me, see EDUCATION WATCH, GREENIE WATCH, POLITICAL CORRECTNESS WATCH, GUN WATCH, SOCIALIZED MEDICINE, AUSTRALIAN POLITICS and DISSECTING LEFTISM. My Home Page. Email me (John Ray) here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments containing Chinese characters will not be published as I do not understand them