Syriana

When I first saw the trailer for Syriana, which I have not watched, I assumed it would be another left wing inspired hollywood, hate-America oil conspiracy movie. I had my suspicions when I saw the trailer, George Clooney and Matt Damon, that pretty much raised eye brows. I remember seeing Damon on ABC's Enough Rope, practically begging the rest of the world to forgive America for Sept 11, ready to bend over and hand over his and the rest of the worlds souls to the craziest Jihadist on the planet, because its all our fault.

Then I saw the rest of it, 90% of oil is left in the middle east, the evil oil corporation, things blowing up, words like corruption, accept your money etc Throw in a few past opinions on hollywood from bloggers and other commentators I have read, and so I decided not to contribute anymore to hollywoods fatcats and sit tight, wait till it comes out on video, maybe then I might offer them part of my $3.50. Heard yesterday Clooney won an oscar for "supporting an actor" in the movie, and Syriana beat the movie about gays breaking backs on mountains, so I may have been wrong, it might be a good one afterall, but that nagging leftist-agenda detector kept going off in my head.

Alas, they won't be getting even AU$3.50, Charles Krauthammer has an interesting take on the movie, and since I have read some of his articles and agree with his opinions on most things, I'll settle with his opinion on Syriana. Perhaps I'll watch it, when they have one of those "7 weeklys for $1 (won't miss it if you keep it)" specials on.

Krauthammer,
But until you see "Syriana," nominated for best screenplay (and George Clooney, for best supporting actor) you have no idea how self-flagellation and self-loathing pass for complexity and moral seriousness in Hollywood.
more here..

Has anyone out there watched it, regretted it and wished there was a refund policy for crap movies, or enjoyed it perhaps, maybe Charles is wrong on this one?

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments containing Chinese characters will not be published as I do not understand them