A New Cartoon!

When "The New Straits Times" -- a Malaysian daily newspaper -- published a new cartoon mentioning Mohammed, they got into BIG hot water. You can see the cartoon here. I would put the cartoon directly on this site but there are other people than I affected by what I post here so I don't feel I have the right to involve them.

Below is part of the newspaper's grovel over what they did. They had reason to grovel, mind you. Malaysia is run by Muslims so there is no free speech there and people can and do get thrown into jail for what most Westerners would see as unjustified reasons.

"Neither did the NST deliberately publish what it deemed an inoffensive cartoon. The NST never intended to hurt any feelings. At least one religious scholar has told the NST that the cartoon was not offensive but could, if different people wished, be interpreted differently. But we stand corrected. We should have been more sensitive - human error or not. So again, we apologise. And again, we will willingly accept any action deemed fit by the Government."


Dog Pundit has some comments about the story.

(For more postings from me, see EDUCATION WATCH, GREENIE WATCH, POLITICAL CORRECTNESS WATCH, GUN WATCH, SOCIALIZED MEDICINE, AUSTRALIAN POLITICS and DISSECTING LEFTISM. My Home Page. Email me (John Ray) here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments containing Chinese characters will not be published as I do not understand them