Cartoon Craze

I wasn't going to weigh in on the cartoon furor as many others have already done so but this whole thing has really gotten out hand. While sitting back and taking it all in I've made a couple of observations.

First, the cartoons, created in the spirit of satire, attempted to draw a connection between violence and those who use Islam to justify it, a point made obvious by looking at the headgear worn by the prophet - a bomb with a lit fuse. I then note with a degree of irony the uproar this has caused. I've read stories and have seen pictures of muslims calling for jihad, calling for the extermination of Danes and various other acts of violence. I've heard calls for muslims to slit the throats of Danes wherever they are encountered. It's almost a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Secondly, I've been told that the real reason these peace loving people are so upset is not so much because the prophet was portrayed in a negative light but rather because he was portrayed at all. Apparently Islam prohibits the illustration of Mohammed. I even listened to a discussion on the CBC the other morning to that effect. To those people who use that as an excuse I say bullshit! Let me ask you this. If Mohammed had been portrayed in a positive light such as blessing babies or caring for the weak and sick would we now have this level of outrage? I highly doubt it. Oh sure there would be some mumblings about an illustration of the prophet being used but nothing like what we see now. And to the politically correct dummies who endorse this outrage how many times has Christianity been negatively portrayed with nary a peep from anyone? Hypocrites. A bunch of self-righteous hypocrites.

To those people advocating violence against innocent people over the publication of some cartoons I say get the hell out of the middle ages already. You're more than welcome to join the rest of us here in the 21st century. Just be sure to check your bomb belts at the door.

cross-posted to Rite Turn Only

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments containing Chinese characters will not be published as I do not understand them