New blog announcement

Can you imagine a blog that would be less interesting than a blog about the Bible written by an atheist? Sounds about as irrelevant and stupid as you could get, right? I guess it is. But for my sins I have just started such a blog.

What happened was that I put up on Dissecting Leftism a post about The Holy Trinity. I have a fair bit of knowledge of theology that is left over from my dim distant past as a Christian (during my teens over 40 years ago). And I used that knowledge to say why I thought the trinity doctrine was a load of old cobblers.

Rather to my surprise, however, that post attracted a lot of emails and I came to rather regret raising the matter as I think that what I wrote did disturb a lot of good Christian people whom I really had no wish to disturb. Nonetheless, lots of people obviously wanted to debate the matter with me so how should I handle that? At the risk of satirizing myself, I decided that I should start another blog for discussing purely Biblical matters.

I obviously don't expect a great readership but if anybody is interested in discussing the implications of central Bible texts with an atheist, it is there. Unlike most atheists, I do treat the Bible texts with great respect.

I would however advise readers NOT to visit unless they are prepared to risk exposure to possibly threatening unorthodox views. So see "A scripture blog". I already have enough up to generate a few thoughts, I hope, and I intend to add more daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments containing Chinese characters will not be published as I do not understand them