I am not the Harbinger of Doom

Doom is my Harbinger.

Hello and a happy new year to you all.

Back in 2003, two weeks before I am due to fly to LA and be in Disneyland, a ride derails with fatalities. About a week before I head to the Grand Canyon, a tour helicopter crashes killing all on board (thankfully it was not my tour company's helicopter)

And just this boxing day gone, 16 hours before I land in Penang, a tsunami sweeps through.

I know some of you were concerned about my well being - thank you very much for your concern - it was nice to know I would be missed. However I can assure that I was in no danger. While terrible for the families involved, only 67 people were killed and the damage seemed to be limited to about a 500 - 600 meter front. When you put it in perspective of the utter devastation and the hundreds of thousands dead in other places, Penang got away lightly.

Apologies for the lateness of this as my computer shit itself shortly after my return during my video editing and I have just managed to get a mate's spare computer up and running. A full update once I get my pc out of the shop.

Once again thank you all for your concern.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments containing Chinese characters will not be published as I do not understand them